For details on how to update the ELF-SR1, refer to Firmware Updater (ELF-SR1).
|Latest firmware version||1.20.00|
|How to check the version||Refer to How to check the version section for details.|
|How to update||USB flash drive update. Refer to How to update section for details.|
How to update
1. Preparing a USB flash drive
You must use your own USB flash drive for updates.
Prepare a USB flash drive that is formatted to FAT32.
Do not use a USB flash drive formatted to a format other than FAT32.
*NTSF, exFAT, APFS, and Mac OS Extended formats cannot be used.
- USB type: High-speed USB 2.0
- Capacity: Between 1 GB and 32 GB
- Free space: at least 1GB
- Format: FAT32
- Not guaranteed to work with all USB flash drives.
- Not guaranteed to work with all USB flash drive adapters or USB Hubs.
2. PC operation
2.1 Download the update file
From Download page, download the update file to the desktop (recommended) or anywhere on your PC.
2.2 Copy the file to the USB flash drive
Copy the update file "srd_update.zip" to the root directory of the USB flash drive.
The root directory is directly under your USB flash drive (the highest level).
- Only the update file should be inserted in the USB flash drive.
- Copy the update file in zip format to the root directory without unzipping it.
- If you copy the file to a directory other than the root directory, you cannot update it.
- Do not change the update file name "srd_update.zip".
3. Update Execution
3.1 Connect the Spatial Reality Display to the PC with a cable
- Connect the Spatial Reality Display to the PC with a USB cable.
- Connect the Spatial Reality Display to the PC with an HDMI cable or Display Port cable.
- Make sure that the PC is turned on.
3.2 Turn on the Spatial Reality Display
Press the MENU button to confirm that the menu is displayed, then proceed to 3.3. The menu display automatically turns off after approximately 10 seconds.
- Proceed to 3.3 while the screen of the connected PC is displayed.
- The update will fail if your PC and Spatial Reality Display are not connected using a USB cable.
3.3 Insert the USB flash drive containing the update file into the UPDATE connector of Spatial Reality Display
The UPDATE connector is located on the right side of the rear face.
A few 10 seconds after inserting the USB flash drive, a screen message appears.
3.4 Start the update by following the screen message
When the message "Update?" is displayed, press the + button to start the update.
While updating, the screen will turn black and the indicator next to the POWER button will flash in white.
Spatial Reality Display will restart automatically during an update. Wait until the update is complete. The update takes about 15 minutes.
- If the USB flash drive is not recognized, check the following.
- Make sure that the USB flash drive is formatted to FAT32.
- Do not insert the USB flash drive until you are able to perform menu operations.
- Do not perform any operation while the update is in progress.
- Do not turn off Spatial Reality Display or the PC while the update is in progress.
3.5 Remove the USB flash drive after the update is complete
When the update is complete, the flashing indicator will be lit in white. After the update is complete, remove the USB flash drive that was inserted into the UPDATE connector.
3.6 Check the Firmware version
After the update is complete, make sure that the version number the expected value. For details on how to check the version, refer to "How to check the version".
How to check the version
A. How to check from Spatial Reality Display
Press the MENU button to display the menu.
The item currently selected on the menu is shown at the bottom right of the screen.
Press the MENU button to select "Information"
Each press of the MENU button changes the menu item. Press the MENU button until "Information" is displayed.
Press the + button to select "Software Version".
When "Information" is displayed and the + button is pressed, the menu item switches as shown below.
Model name -> Serial No. -> Software Version
Check the Version
Check the current "Software Version"
B. How to check from a connected PC
In version 1.20.00 and later, you can check the firmware version in the Spatial Reality Display Settings app.
Start the Spatial Reality Display Settings app and check the "Display" version below the "Connecter device."
- If the update fails, make sure your PC and Spatial Reality Display are properly connected using a cable.
- If the update fails even when your PC and Spatial Reality Display are properly connected using a cable, refer to the troubleshooting page.