Several technical documents of CLEFIA are available in this page.
READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR USING CLEFIA INFORMATION
DOWNLOADING OR USING THE DOCUMENTS, PROGRAMS AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION WITH REGARD TO "CLEFIA", A HIGHLY SECURE AND EFFICIENT BLOCK CIPHER ALGORITHM DISCLOSED AND PROVIDED BY SONY CORPORATION IN THIS WEBSITE ("CLEFIA INFORMATION") INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS NOTICE, YOU SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE CLEFIA INFORMATION.
- Sony Corporation ("Sony") owns all right, title and interest, including but not limited to, all copyrights, trade secret and other intellectual property, in and to CLEFIA Information.
- You can use CLEFIA Information only for the purpose of your evaluation of CLEFIA. You may not develop or manufacture any products by using CLEFIA Information without the prior written approval of Sony. In addition, you agree not to quote, reprint, modify, port, translate, transform, create derivative works of or any other adapt CLEFIA Information, in whole or in part.
- You agree not to sell, lease, license, assign or disclose CLEFIA Information, in whole or in part, to any other third party.
- You agree not to remove or destroy any proprietary, trademark or copyright markings with regard to Sony contained within CLEFIA Information.
- CLEFIA INFORMATION IS FURNISHED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SONY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT CLEFIA INFORMATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE ACCURATE OR THAT THE OPERATION OF CLEFIA INFORMATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. SONY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO CLEFIA INFORMATION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, EVEN IF SONY APPROVES YOUR DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ANY PRODUCTS BY USING CLEFIA INFORMATION, SUCH DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE MAY REQUIRE SEPARATE PATENT LICENSES FROM RELEVANT PATENT OWNERS. SONY MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER THAT ANY DEVELOPMENT AND MANUFACTURE OF ANY PRODUCTS BY USING CLEFIA INFORMATION WILL BE FREE FROM INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- CLEFIA INFORMATION IS FURNISHED TO YOU FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. SONY WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO REMEDY FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIM OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, CONCERNING YOUR USE OF CLEFIA INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ARISING IN TORT OR CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT WILL SONY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER FOR AND WITH RESPECT TOCLEFIA INFORMATION.
- Even if Sony approves your development or manufacture of any products by using CLEFIA Information, you agree to fully comply with the export control laws of relevant countries and obtain applicable export license to export CLEFIA Information or any product using CLEFIA Information.
- This notice will be governed by the laws of Japan. If any part of this notice is held invalid or unenforceable, the other parts will remain valid to the fullest extent permitted by any applicable laws.
- You understand that any part of the contents and URL in this website may be modified or deleted by Sony without the notice to you.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS NOTICE, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT.
- Specification v1.0
- Design Rationale v1.0
- Security and Performance Evaluation v1.0
- Reference Code v1.0.1
- Slides presented at ISEC (May 18, 2007)
ISEC2007-1 "The 128-Bit Blockcipher CLEFIA (in Japanese)." (Slides)
- Slides presented at ISEC (July 20, 2007)
ISEC2007-49 "Hardware Implementations of the 128-bit Blockcipher CLEFIA (in Japanese)." (Slides)
- The Submission Package to CRYPTREC (Application for Cryptographic Techniques towards the Revision of the e-Government Recommended Ciphers List)
Application Form (Japanese/English),
Self Evaluations Report (Japanese/English), Test Vectors,
Reference Code, Reference Code Specifications (Japanese/English),
Reference HDL Code, Reference HDL Code Specifications (Japanese/English),
Test Vector Generator, Test Vector Generator Specifications (Japanese/English),
Information on Publication Status (Japanese),
Presentation for the CRYPTREC Symposium (Japanese/English)
- Reports and Slides presented at the 2011 Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security(SCIS 2011)
2B1-2 "Update of the Security Evaluation of CLEFIA against Differential Attack and Linear Attack", (Report, Slides) - Japanese
3D1-1 "Compact Hardware Implementation of the 128-bit Blockcipher CLEFIA",
(Report, Slides) - Japanese
- Technical paper "Very Compact Hardware Implementations of the Blockcipher CLEFIA"