Following the rules below, upload your video to YouTube.
We would like to see participants tell a personal tale that is real, a story that portrays you through local, personal experiences. Using just 3 themes, create a VLOG that represents the true you.Examples
Tennis + Student + London
Cooking + Graphic designer + Tokyo
Makeup + Barista + New York
First, start by following our official Instagram account (@vlogcamerabysony).
Please download the stamp and use it on the thumbnail.
Title your video as "Sony Vlog Challenge: What + Who + Where".
(fill in your own information)
- Ex. 1: Sony Vlog Challenge: Cooking + Graphic designer + Tokyo
- Ex. 2: Sony Vlog Challenge: Makeup + Barista + New York
- When uploading your video to YouTube, set the status of your video to ‘public’.
- Write the name of your Instagram account in the description section.
(Eight prize winners will be contacted via DM through your Instagram account.)
Sony Vlog Challenge Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE AT LEAST 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE U.S. AND CANADIAN LAW.
- The sponsor of Sony Vlog Challenge Contest (“Contest”) in North America is Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 (“Sony”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with either YouTube or Instagram. YouTube or Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest.
- The Contest is open to individuals (“Entrants”) aged over 18+ (AL and NE, 19+) at the time of entry who have a personal YouTube and Instagram account and are resident in US (excluding territories) and Canada (excluding Quebec) (“Qualifying Regions”). Sony, its officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “step” of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Contest/web development, administration and design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sony & Others”) are ineligible to enter or win.
- The Contest will start on 10 September 2020 at 02:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and will end at 8 October 2020 at 09:59:59 AM EST (“Contest Period”). Sony’s computer is the official clock for the Contest.
- To enter the Contest, you must complete the following steps:
Step 1: follow the @vlogcamerabysony Instagram account
Step 2: upload your video to your YouTube account (which must be set to public) with following conditions
・Add following keyword “Sony Vlog Challenge Contest” to the title of your video
・Add the “Sony Vlog Challenge Contest” stamp to the stamp of your video.
・Add your Instagram account URL to the description of your video. Your Instagram account must be set to public.
The video should contain, include and will be judged based on the following theme:
#What #Who #Where
- What（Passion : What is your passion? What do you like to do?）
- Who（Occupation : What do you do? What is your profession?）
- Where（City : Where do you live?）
- Submitted videos could have been taken using any device. Once posted, Entrant’s videos must remain on Entrant’s YouTube account until the end of the Contest Period set out at Rule 3 above, otherwise Entrant’s entry will not be judged and Entrant will not be eligible to win.
- By downloading the specified stamp and adding that to your thumbnail described in Rule 4 above, submitting videos in accordance with Rule 4 above and entering the Contest, Entrant will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these Contest Official Rules.
- There is no limit to the number of videos that Entrant can upload to participate, but each video must be unique and comply with these Contest Official Rules.
- Video(s) that are modified with any image editing software or equivalent programs are accepted. Entrant guarantees that video enhancement was made via use of legally acquired software.
Entrant shall not manipulate, including by way of a third party(ies), metrics on the YouTube service, including numbers of views, likes, dislikes, or subscribers, such that those metrics fail to reflect genuine user engagement with the YouTube service.
- On or about 12 October 2020, Sony, in its sole discretion, will review all eligible video entries submitted through YouTube during the Contest Period and the videos will be judged, at Sony’s sole discretion, on the basis of the level of creativity (40%), originality (30%) and visual/emotional impact of the image (30%). Winners will be selected by a panel of judges set by Sony Imaging Products & Solutions Inc. in Japan including at least one independent judge on the basis of the preceding judging criteria and decisions will be final and binding.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): TOTAL OF TEN (10) CONTEST PRIZES: Each of the ten winners will each receive one (1) Vlog Kit which includes: one (1) Vlog Camera ZV-1 (model DC-ZV1) (USD $798.00), one (1) Sony Wireless Shooting Grip (model GP-VPT2BT) (USD $138.00) and one (1) 128GB Memory Card (model SDXC UHS-II) (USD $191.25).
ARV of each Contest prize for each winner is: USD $1127.25. Total ARV Contest prize package is USD $12,752.50. The ARV represents Sony’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. All federal, provincial, state, and local taxes are the solely responsibility of winner.
IMPORTANT: Sony has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize a prize as described herein. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All prizes in this Contest are nontransferable, non-assignable and non-substitutable except that Sony may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize or any component thereof with one of equal or greater value. Additionally, the winners may each receive a Form 1099 or other document in the amount of the actual value of the prize, as required by law. Persons under the age of 18 years (AL and NE, 19) (as of the date of entry) are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, does not respond to the e-mail in a timely manner, is disqualified or forfeits prize for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, Sony reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected per the judging criteria from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Contest Period. If after a good-faith attempt Sony is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize will not be awarded.
- On about 13 October 2020, potentially winning entries will be contacted using Entrant’s Instagram Direct from the @vlogcamerabysony Instagram account or @sonyalpha and Entrant will be required to respond via email and (i) submit the file relating to the potentially winning video to demonstrate compliance with these Contest Official Rules; and (ii) Entrant’s name, address, video data, and thumbnail data for Sony. Any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and/or a publicity release. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification. A potential Canadian prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return a W-8BEN, Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release form and correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question within five (5) days of attempted notification. The skill-testing question will be administered as part of the Declaration of Eligibility.
If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions within five (5) days, or if the data reveals that the video does not comply with these Official Rules, the Entrant will not be eligible to receive the prize and an alternative winner will be selected.
- Winners will be contacted on the Instagram Direct from @vlogcamerabysony Instagram account or @sonyalpha by 4 November 2020 and prizes will be sent out to winners from mid November 2020, at no cost to the winner. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in the Qualifying Regions listed in Rule 2 above. It will take several days or weeks to receive prize. The winning entries will be announced on the ＠vlogcamerabysony Instagram account or @sonyalpha on 10 November 2020.
- Acceptance of prizes shall constitute consent on the winner's part to allow Sony & Others use of the winner's name, image and/or likeness by Sony for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation or review except where prohibited by law.
- LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sony & Others from and against any and all liability, injuries, loss, claim, damages, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use, misuse or possession of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) human error or unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines (including but not limited to disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention); (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, garbled, illegible, undelivered, or damaged entries, email, or mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons, including death, or property (including damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
- The Entrant grants Sony an irrevocable, non-exclusive, free of charge license to copy, modify, edit, adapt, publish, reproduce, display, distribute or otherwise use (including but not limited to commercial, advertising and/or marketing) the submitted videos in any form or medium (print or electronic including the Internet), anywhere in the world, forever (including a right to sub-license to other Sony & Others). The Entrant agrees to waive all moral rights in the use of the submitted videos.
- Sony accepts no liability in respect of the use of publication of submitted videos and the Entrant shall be solely responsible for resolving any disputes with third parties relating to the videos they have submitted, at their own cost. The Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sony & Others from and against any claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind howsoever arising in connection with Entrant’s participation in this Contest, including but not limited to the use by Sony of submitted videos and the Entrant’s acceptance or use of the prizes.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Sony makes no representations or warranties whether express or implied, regarding this Contest or the prizes, other than as expressly set out in these Contest Official Rules. Sony shall not be liable for any technical errors or errors on the YouTube or Instagram platform that may prevent an Entrant from entering the Contest or from receiving or sending direct messages. Sony does not seek to exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from its own negligence.
- Sony may, without advance notice cancel, suspend or postpone or change duration of the Contest at any time.
- Residents of Canada, please note: By entering the Contest, Entrant grants their consent to transfer their personal data to the U.S. for purposes of administration of the Contest and consent for their personal information to be transmitted, stored and processed in jurisdictions outside of Canada that may not have the same protections as Canada.
- Failure by Sony to enforce any of these rules or terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
- Should a dispute or claim arise related to this Contest (“Dispute”), Entrant and Sony agree that the Dispute shall be resolved exclusively through binding arbitration. ENTRANT UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, ENTRANT IS GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE (OR PARTICIPATE IN AS A PARTY OR CLASS MEMBER) IN ANY DISPUTES IN COURT. Entrant also agree that ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDING WILL ONLY CONSIDER Entrant’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS, AND SONY AND ENTRANT AGREE NOT TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, CONSOLIDATED ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION.
- Arbitration Instructions. To begin arbitration, either Entrant or Sony must make a written demand to the other for arbitration. The arbitration will take place before a single arbitrator. The arbitration will be administered in keeping with the Expedited Procedures of the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Proceedings for Consumer-Related disputes (“Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), when applicable and in effect when the claim is filed. Entrant may get a copy of AAA’s Rules by contacting AAA at (800) 778-7879 or visiting www.adr.org. The filing fees to begin and carry out arbitration will be shared between Entrant and Sony, but in no event shall Entrant fees ever exceed the amount allowable by the special rules for Consumers Disputes provided for by AAA, at which point Sony will cover all additional administrative fees and expenses. This does not prohibit the arbitrator from giving the winning party their fees and expenses of the arbitration when appropriate pursuant to the Rules. Unless Entrant and Sony agree differently, the arbitration will take place in the county and state where Entrant live, and applicable U.S. federal or state law shall govern the substance of any Dispute during the arbitration. However, the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq., will govern the arbitration itself and not any state or other law on arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision will be binding and final, except for a limited right of appeal under the U,S. Federal Arbitration Act. Any judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, no later than January 31,2021, send your request and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Attn: Sony Vlog Challenge Contest, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 .
- Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
- Sony Vlog Challenge Contest Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Corporation of America.
Copyright 2020 Sony Corporation of America. All rights reserved.
The ZV-1 was developed using the voices of VLOGGERS from all over the world. Created in 2020, this camera is equipped with new features and provides operability unique to VLOGGING cameras, including the background Bokeh Switch and the Product Showcase Setting. The winner of the SONY VLOG CHALLENGE, 2020 will receive a brand-new ZV-1 with memory card and shooting grip (Bluetooth® compatible and doubles as a tripod).
September 10, 2020
Application Starting Date
October 8, 2020
November 4, 2020
Prize winners will be contacted via DM on Instagram
November 10, 2020
Prize winners will be announced