Sony World Photography Awards 2021 Exhibition
- Part 1 Friday, July 2 - Thursday, July 8, 2021 ：Open, Youth and Student competitions, Japan National Award
Part 2 Friday, July 9 - Thursday, July 15, 2021 ：Professional competition
- 11:00 - 18:00
Sony Imaging Gallery will close at 18:00 until further notice.
The Sony World Photography Awards are a photography competition supported by Sony and first held in 2007, with the aim of contributing to the development of photographic culture.
The Awards consist of four competitions: Professional (10 categories), Open (10 categories), Youth (ages 12 to 19, responding to a monthly brief) and Student, and provides platforms catered to every stage and genre of photography. In addition, the Awards recognise a person or a group of people that have made a significant impact on the medium of photography through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography, as well as local photographic talents from around the globe through the National & Regional Awards. All images entered into the Open competition are automatically considered for the National & Regional Awards.
Winners receive a prize package that includes a cash reward and the latest Sony digital imaging equipment as well as opportunities such as inclusion in international exhibitions and in the Sony World Photography Awards book, and media exposure on a worldwide level.
Over 332,000 images from 220 countries and regions were submitted to the Sony World Photography Awards 2021. This exhibition presents the winning entries, from across the Awardsʼ competitions.
The Sony World Photography Awards 2022 are open for entries. Deadlines for submission across the Awards' four competitions are:
- Professional competition
- January 14, 2022 13:00 GMT (22:00 JST)
- Open competition
- January 7, 2022 13:00 GMT (22:00 JST)
- Youth competition
- Last day of each month from June to December 2021
- Student competition
- November 30, 2021 13:00 GMT (22:00 JST)
For further information, please visit www.worldphoto.org
- Where to view works :
- Visit the website (English) of the World Photography Organization (Click on the underlined parts below)
- Related information:
- See Related Information on the Sony World Photography Awards and this exhibition.
In addition, a traveling exhibition will be held at α Plazas nationwide (inside the Sony Stores in Fukuoka Tenjin, Nagoya, Osaka and Sapporo). These exhibitions present the selected works from Sony World Photography Awards 2021 Exhibition at Sony Imaging Gallery Ginza.
- α Plaza Fukuoka Tenjin
- Saturday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- α Plaza Nagoya
- Saturday, August 28 - Thursday, September 9, 2021
- α Plaza Osaka
- Saturday, October 9 - Friday, October 22, 2021
- α Plaza Sapporo
- Saturday, November 20 - Thursday, December 2, 2021
※Please note that the schedule is subject to change due to circumstances.
Please check the following websites for the latest information and details.
* Above works (from left):
- © Craig Easton / Professional Competition [Part 2]
- © Tamary Kudita / Open Competition [Part 1]
- © Pubarun Basu / Youth Competition [Part 1]
- © Coenraad Heinz Torlage / Student Competition [Part 1]
- © Yukihito Ono / Japan National Award [Part 1]