The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only. Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
Sony Dream World 2002
The Resources of the Entire Sony Group Focused in a Pioneering Integrated Entertainment Event
The Sony Group will hold a pioneering entertainment event - "Sony Dream World" at Pacifico Yokohama, Yokohama City on Saturday September 14 and Sunday September 15, 2002.
Sony Dream World 2002 will feature the resources of the entire Sony group in a massive event setting of over 15,000m2. During this two-day event, Sony will present its vision of integrated entertainment for the broadband era. Visitors will be able to experience the latest Sony products, content (pictures, music and game), services, electronic money shopping etc. which contribute to a more entertaining and fulfilling lifestyle for consumers.
* In four main zones ("VAIO", "Imaging", "Music", "WEGA Theater") visitors will be able to see and interact with Sony's networked products, thus experiencing the true meaning of network AV/IT and the integration of electronics and services.
* Live performances from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) artists.
* Live on-stage performance (song and dance) from Sony's biped entertainment robot SDR-4X and AIBO. Software which allows fun communication with AIBO ("ohanashi AIBO") will be premiered.
* Game Zone where visitors can try the popular PlayStation 2 game "Saru! Get you 2" and meet the game character "Monkey".
* Space Entertainment zone where visitors can experience the wonder of the heavens and the "music" of space-time.
* State-of-the-art theater featuring the astounding picture quality of Grating Light Valve (GLV) display technology. Viewers can see scenes from "Episode II: Attack of the Clones" etc.
* In the "FourthVIEW Theater", guests will be able to use exciting 220-degree, 3-level displays or headset displays to view images captured by an "all-direction" camera. By selecting their own viewing angles, they experience 360-degree images and feel they are "really there".
* Guests will have a chance to see a representation of the newest version of the popular PostPet software - PostPetV3 - "Momo's house with garden" (scheduled to go on sale winter 2002). New pets will also be introduced.
* The new TV animated series "Astro Boy" will be introduced.
* Visitors will be able to request movie classics on-line.
In addition, a wide range of services will be introduced, including the "Edy" electronic money service for buying refreshments and shopping; "My Sony Card" which facilitates net shopping; on-line shopping at sonyplaza.com and internet banking services. There will also be exhibits on Sony global advertising, major historical products, and environmental policy.
It is Sony's intention to hold this event annually in a number of locations worldwide.