The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
March 26, 2020
Selection of Board Member Candidates
Tokyo, Japan - At Sony Corporation's recent Nominating Committee meeting, the following candidates were nominated as Members of Sony Corporation's Board of Directors. The nominees are subject to the approval at the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, to be held on June 2020.
Members of the Board
The candidates for Members of the Board are as follows:
- Kenichiro Yoshida
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and CEO
- Hiroki Totoki
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer,
Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Shuzo Sumi(*)
- Senior Executive Advisor, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
Former Chairman of the Board, Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc.
- Tim Schaaff
- Chief Product Officer, Intertrust Technologies Corporation
Former President, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC
- Kazuo Matsunaga(*)
- Chairman of the Board, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
Former Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Toshiko Oka(*)
- CEO, Oka & Company Ltd.
- Sakie Akiyama(*)
- Founder, Saki Corporation
- Wendy Becker(*)
- Chairperson of the Board, Logitech International S.A.
Non-Executive Director, Great Portland Estates plc
- Yoshihiko Hatanaka(*)
- Representative Director, Chairman of the Board,
Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Adam Crozier(*)(**)
- Former CEO, ITV plc
Former CEO, Royal Mail Group Ltd
- Keiko Kishigami(*)(**)
- Certified Public Accountant
Board Member, WWF Japan
Former Partner, Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC
- Joseph A. Kraft Jr.(*)(**)
- CEO, Rorschach Advisory Inc.
Former Deputy Branch Manager & Managing Director,
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Japan
Former Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Japan
- (*)An Outside Director who satisfies the requirements under Item 15, Article 2 of the Companies Act of Japan
- (**)A new candidate for Member of the Board
Member of the Board scheduled to retire
- Koichi Miyata
- Chairman of the Board, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- John V. Roos
- Former United States Ambassador to Japan
Co-Founding Partner, Geodesic Capital
- Eriko Sakurai
- Chairman and CEO, Representative Director, Dow Toray Co., Ltd.
- Kunihito Minakawa
- Former Audit & Supervisory Board Member, Ricoh Company, Ltd.