The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
Selection of Board Member Candidates
Tokyo, Japan - At the meeting of the Nominating Committee held on May 17, 2016, Sony Corporation named candidates for election to the position of Member of the Board. The selections are subject to the approval at the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 17, 2016.
Members of the Board
The candidates for election to the position of Member of the Board are as follows.
- Kazuo Hirai
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and CEO
- Kenichiro Yoshida
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, Executive Deputy President and CFO
- Osamu Nagayama(*)
- Representative Director, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Takaaki Nimura(*)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Eikoh Harada(*)
- Representative Director, Chairman and CEO, Benesse Holdings, Inc.
Representative Director and CEO, Benesse Corporation
- Joichi Ito(*)
- Director, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab
- Tim Schaaff
- Chief Product Officer, Intertrust Technologies Corporation
Independent Startup Advisor
Former President, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC
- Kazuo Matsunaga(*)
- Vice Chairman of the Board, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation
Former Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Koichi Miyata(*)
- President, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
- John V. Roos(*)
- Former United States Ambassador to Japan
Founding Partner, Geodesic Capital
- Eriko Sakurai(*)
- Chairman and CEO, Dow Corning Toray Co., Ltd.
- (*)An Outside Director who satisfies the requirements under Item 15, Article 2 of the Companies Act of Japan
Member of the Board scheduled to retire
- Kanemitsu Anraku
- Former Representative Director and Executive Vice President, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.