The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
April 30, 2015
Selection of Board Member Candidates
Tokyo, Japan - At the meeting of the Nominating Committee held on April 30, 2015, Sony Corporation named candidates for election to the position of Member of the Board. The selections are subject to the approval at the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 23, 2015.
Members of the Board
The candidates for election to the position of Member of the Board are as follows.
- Kazuo Hirai
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, President and CEO
- Kenichiro Yoshida
- Representative Corporate Executive Officer, Executive Deputy President and CFO
- Kanemitsu Anraku(*)
- Director, Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
- Osamu Nagayama(*)
- Representative Director, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Takaaki Nimura(*)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Eikoh Harada(*)
- Representative Director, Chairman and CEO, Benesse Holdings, Inc.
Representative Director and CEO, Benesse Corporation
- Joichi Ito(*)
- Director, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab
- Tim Schaaff
- Retired President, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC
Independent Startup Advisor
- Kazuo Matsunaga(*)
- Retired Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Koichi Miyata(*)
- President, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.
- John V. Roos(*)
- Former United States Ambassador to Japan
- Eriko Sakurai(*)
- Chairman and CEO, Dow Corning Toray Co., Ltd.
- (*)An Outside Director who satisfies the requirements under Item 15, Article 2 of the Companies Act of Japan