XDCAM™ Memory Camcorder with Interchangeable Lens System
- Utilising α E-mount lenses, and equipped with a 4K Exmor Super 35 mm CMOS sensor (approx. 11.6 million total pixels, and 8.8 effective pixels), this model supports recording in 4K XAVC*6. The new ergonomic design*7 ensures that superior maneuverability is possible, even for one-man operation, in any shooting style whether on-the-shoulder, handheld, or held in a low position.
*6: QFHD (3840 x 2160) resolution will be supported at the time of launch. Recording in 4096 x 2160 resolution will be supported in the future with a firmware update.
This firmware update is scheduled for release during the fourth quarter of FY 2014.
*7: Ergonomic design: This refers to design that has been optimized to enable people to move more naturally, effortlessly, and efficiently, based on the field of research known as human engineering (ergonomics).
- SEL1635Z ZEISS® wide-angle zoom lens Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS (E-mount)*8:
- The SEL1635Z delivers extremely high resolution that enables the sharp depiction of objects, right to the very edge of the screen, and reduces distortion and field curvature to the absolute minimum. In addition, the use of ED (extra-low dispersion) glass allows chromatic aberration to be suppressed. The ZEISS T* ("T-star") coating provides high-contrast representation capabilities to control reflected light on the lens surface. The excellent optical performance is well-suited to authentic landscape photography and makes full use of the wide angle lens.
- SELP28135G motorized zoom G Lens™ FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS (E-mount)*8:
- The world's first*9 standard lens that supports a 35 mm full-frame sensor, while also equipped with a motorized zoom lens. It was designed to deliver optimized operability and optical performance for shooting high-quality video, such as 4K, and to be compatible with the α7 series, and the PXW-FS7 professional-use camcorder, which was announced at IBC 2014. Sony has incorporated SSM (Super Sonicwave Motor) as the zoom lens drive, to facilitate smooth, quiet operation. This is the first time an α lens has been equipped with the three-faceted operational ring of "zoom-focus-aperture," to enable a wide range of zoom speed controls and zoom direction reversal*10.
*8: This model was announced in Europe.
*9: As a lens for digital cameras with interchangeable lens systems. * Current at the time of this press release; as investigated by Sony.
*10: Determined by the body settings when mounted on the `α7S' or the `PXW-FS7.'
Sony is exhibiting 4 lenses (FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS, FE 28mm F2, Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA, FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS) and 2 converters (FE Ultra Wide Converter and FE Fisheye Converter) supporting 35 mm full-frame sensors under development for reference.
Including these lenses, Sony is introducing its lens development roadmap, which shows that Sony aims to release a total of over twenty α E-mount lenses supporting 35 mm full-frame sensors in 2016.