The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
October 3, 2011
Sony’s booth overview at CEATEC JAPAN 2011
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 3, 2011 - Sony Corporation presents its unique user experiences realized through the convergence of its industry leading products, rich content, and network services at “CEATEC JAPAN 2011” (October 4-8), to be held at Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex in Chiba City.
New user experiences through “Sony tablet” and other connected products
Users can enjoy rich entertainment content such as movies, music, and games across various network services through Sony’s new products. Sony’s network services such as “Video Unlimited” as well as its products such as “Sony Tablet,” BRAVIA®, VAIO, Walkman, Reader™, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc(SCE)’s PlayStation®Vita and Sony Ericsson‘s Xperia™ acro, Xperia™ ray and Xperia™ PLAY are showcased.
Expanding Sony 3D world
Sony 3D world is expanded from professional to consumer as well as from family-use to personal-use, which is highlighted with a variety of 3D compatible products and content. On display is Head mount display “3D personal viewer” HMZ-T1 offers a spectacular new 3D viewing style through a theater-like virtual screen(equivalent to a 750-inch screen*1). Digital recording binoculars DEV-3, which take full HD videos in 2D/3D is also exhibited as well as SCE’s 24-inch 3D Display and PlayStation®3.
- *1:Virtual screen size experience may vary between individuals.
A 4K projector designed for home theater with stunning 4K image quality is introduced. Since the development of “SXRD” in 2004 for the professional market, Sony has been on the cutting-edge with 4K technology having introduced 4K digital cinema projectors, 4K compatible video cameras [F65], and various 4K contents creation products. Last month, it installed over 10000 units of 4K digital cinema projectors worldwide. By leveraging its 4K technology, Sony will bring the theater experience to the home.
Main products to be displayed (scheduled)
It combines unique hardware, content and network services with seamless usability to create an exciting new world of network entertainment experiences.
- “Sony Tablet” S lets you enjoy the web as well as your favorite content and applications on its large, high-resolution screen. It has a unique asymmetric design which conveys stability and sense of lightness.
- “Sony Tablet” P has two 5.5 inch displays that can be folded to achieve a compact form factor, for easy portability.
Equipped with a six inch epaper display and touch panel, Reader offers a natural reading experience. At 168g, it is the world’s lightest eReader*2 and lasts up to seven weeks*3 on one charge for enhanced convenience for an eReader. In addition 3G and Wi-fi compatibility allows users to purchase content from “Reader Store” at anytime and anywhere. The 3G/Wi-fi model also includes free two year 3G data transmission for purchased ebook content (『PRS-G1』).
- *2:World’s lightest 6 inch eReader as of September 29, 2011.
- *3:Reading a text based XMDF document with Wi-fi functionality turned off for 30 minutes a one page per minute.
Head mount display “Personal 3D Viewer”『HMZ-T1』
Equipped with the newly-developed 0.7-inch high definition OLED panel (1280 x 720), 『HMZ-T1』 achieves HD picture quality with high contrast, color reproducibility, and fast response. In addition, the device adopts the ‘Dual Panel 3D Method’ which consists of separate panels for the left and right eye in order to display independent HD picture quality to each eye, which realize crosstalk-free 3D vision.
Digital recording binoculars DEV-3
DEV-3 is deal for nature/bird watching and can record Full HD video with stereo sound at the touch of a button, and even adds a 3D mode.
- “Sony”, “Sony Tablet”, “BRAVIA”,“VAIO”,”SXRD” and ”Reader” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Xperia is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB.