● Main Features
1.Clear Sound Created by Sony's Wealth of Audio Technologies
2.No LCD Display – Simple User Interface for Intuitive Interaction
- 180º horizontal opposed stereo speakers: these minimize sound directivity, allowing users to enjoy high sound quality, no matter where they are situated.
- Baffle effect: sound reverberates from the surface (e.g. desk or floor), and the upper portion of "Rolly" creates a three-dimensional sound effect. Despite the product's small size, the listener can appreciate high quality audio.
- Digital amp for high sound quality and high efficiency/soft dome speakers adopting neodymium magnet:The digital amp permits powerful sound even with low power consumption. The compact speakers adopt a neodymium magnet to realize powerful audio performance when music is played.
The "Rolly" main unit has just two control buttons – for power and playback. Sensors on the main unit allow users to perform functions like track-skipping and volume control by moving or rotating the product-body itself. Feedback on the playback condition is given in a highly intuitive form by light, sound and group voice guidance.
3.Movement to March the Music – Motion Functions
"Rolly" represents a change from the traditional concept of music as something that we just listen to. Users can create their own motions to match the music and then share with others. A set of functions adds entertainment value, as music becomes something to share with friends, something to physically experience, and a vehicle of self expression.
There are six moving parts on the main unit (2 arms, 2 shoulders, 2 wheels) and LEDs (2 side lamps.)
- Self Motion Function: Analyzes music transferred to the internal memory and creates a motion program.
- Auto Motion Function: By using the PC application Motion Editor, which is packaged with "Rolly", sophisticated motion programs can be automatically created with the push of a button.
- Custom Motion Function:Use Motion Editor to manually create your own motion program.
If the "Rolly" main unit is connected to a music player with Bluetooth connectivity (PC, mobile phone, digital music player etc.) then the audio data on that music player can be played on the "Rolly" speakers. *
* Must have A2DP profile compatibility. Music data contained on "Rolly" cannot be played on a Bluetooth connected device.
* When Bluetooth is being used for music playback only Self Motion Function can be used.
● "Rolly" Dedicated Accessories
● Main Specifications
||Suggested Retail Price
|"Rolly" Recharging Cradle
||"Rolly" can be recharged from AC power source
|"Rolly" Soft Carrying Case
|Protects "Rolly" from scratches and dust
|"Rolly" Rechargeable Battery Pack
||Sound Entertainment Player "Rolly" <SEP-10BT>
USB power (connect with USB cable [supplied as accessory] for power from PC, etc.)
|Battery Continuous Running Time (Music playback at ATRAC 64kbps/ Motion function: Sony standard motion function (equivalent to auto motion)or measured by use environment.)
||Music playback: approx. 5 hours
Music playback and motion function: approx. 4 hours
Music playback using Bluetooth: approx. 4 hours 30 minutes
Music playback and motion function using Bluetooth: approx. 3 hours 30 minutes
||Diameter: approx. 20mm. Maximum output: 1.2W + 1.2W(when fully charged)
||20~20,000Hz(during playback, single carrier measurement)
* Measured according to Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA) standard
||USB terminal: miniB / Hi-Speed
|Main Unit Dimensions (W_H_D)
||Approx: 104_65_65mm(excluding projecting portion)
||Approx: 300g (including battery)
(amount available to user)
|Internal flash memory: 1GB
(approx 968MB=1,015,726,080 bytes)
* Part of the main unit memory is used for data management. Consequently the amount available to user differs from the standard figure given for capacity.
|Replayable File Types
||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
ATRAC (Adaptive Transform Acoustic Coding)
AAC* (Advanced Audio Coding)
*Files with AAC copyright protection cannot be played.
|Maximum amount of songs and recording time (estimate)
(For music, a 4 minute song in ATRAC or MP3 format. For motion, a 4 minute song with Sony standard motion (equivalent to auto motion.) Different file formats and motion functions may change the figures.
|<Music data only>
48kbps: 685 songs, approx. 45 hours 40 minutes
64kbps: 515 songs, approx. 34 hours 20 minutes
132kbps:250 songs, approx. 16 hours 40 minutes
256kbps: 130 songs, approx. 8 hours 40 minutes
352kbps: 94 songs, approx. 6 hours 10 minutes
<Music data and motion data>
48kbps: 536 songs, approx. 35 hours 40 minutes
64kbps: 426 songs, approx. 28 hours 20 minutes
132kbps: 227 songs, approx. 15 hours
256kbps: 123 songs, approx. 8 hours 10 minutes
352kbps: 90 songs, approx. 6 hours
|Compatible Bit Rate
||MP3:32~320kbps, Variable Bit Rate (VBR)*1
*1) Non-standard and non-compensation figures may be included according to sampling frequency
ATRAC:48/64/66(ATRAC3) *2/96/105(ATRAC3) *2 /128/
*2) ATRAC3 66/105kbps CD recording cannot be performed with SonicStage CP.
AAC:16~320kbps, Variable Bit Rate (VBR)*3
*3) Non-standard and non-compensation figures may be included according to sampling frequency
||MP3:32, 44.1, 48kHz
AAC:11.025, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48kHz
* Not compatible with all encoders.
||Communication type: Conforms to Bluetooth standard Ver.2.0
Output: Bluetooth standard Power Class2
Frequency band: 2.4GHzband (2.4000GHz~2.4835GHz)
Maximum communication range: approx. 10m
Compatible Bluetooth profiles: A2DP and AVRCP
Compatible codecs: SBC and MP3
||USB cable(cord length approx. 75cm)
Instruction Manual/Quick Start Guide
Assumed Market Price for Japan
"Assumed market price" is Sony's projection of the price the market will set for a product before it goes on sale. The actual product price will be decided at the retail outlets where it is sold.
|Sound Entertainment Player "Rolly" ||<SEP-10BT>: || approx. 40,000 yen
|"Rolly" Recharging Cradle ||<CDL-SE10>: ||approx: 4,000 yen
|"Rolly" Soft Carrying Case||<CKR-SE10>: || approx: 2,000 yen
|"Rolly" Rechargeable Battery Pack ||<BT-SE10>: || approx: 5,000 yen