Turning Rice Husks into Gold
Sony’s latest innovation: Triporous™, a porous carbon material made from rice husks.
Thanks to its unique patented microstructure with 3 different pore sizes,
Triporous offers potential applications in a wide range of fields,
such as water and air purification. By making use of excess rice husks,
Triporous will lead to technological breakthroughs in various areas including textiles,
bringing us closer to a recycling-oriented society.
Triporous is a new material made from rice husks, of which more than 100 million tons is generated worldwide each year. Recycling this surplus biomass contributes to the realization of a more environmentally conscious, recycling-oriented society.Read more
The use of rice husks as a raw material gives Triporous a unique microstructure that enables easy adsorption of materials that are difficult to adsorb with conventional activated carbon. Adsorption is also much faster. Furthermore, the capacity of Triporous to carry a large quantity of active chemical agent opens up possibilities for many different functions.Read more
Taking advantage of the outstanding adsorption characteristics of Triporous, we are working to develop products and solutions for a variety of fields that require water purification, air purification, or deodorization.Read more
- February 21, 2020Triporous has been featured in Sony Technology
- February 13, 2020Triporous has been featured in World Textile Information Network (WTiN)
- January 21, 2020Triporous will be exhibited at ISPO Munich 2020 (January 26-29, Germany)
- January 21, 2020Updated "Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)"
- November 27, 2019Triporous has been featured in Sony Design
- November 20, 2019Triporous as air purification medium at World Heritage Byodoin Temple
For inquiries about Triporous, please do the followingContact Us