Silver oxide battery is a small-sized primary battery mainly used for wrist watches, using zinc as the negative electrode (cathode), silver oxide as the positive electrode (anode) plus an alkaline electrolyte . Thanks to its high energy density and superb stable discharge characteristics, silver oxide batteries are being used in a broad range of applications, from quarts watches to portable devices such as electric clinical thermometers and portable games.
- High energy density
- High energy density has been achieved owing to the Sony's original high-precision material-mixing technology. The use of antioxidant, high performance separators also contributes to improved storage characteristics.
- Excellent stable discharge characteristics
- Constant voltage output is available during the discharging.
- Excellent leakage resistance
- Sony-unique sealing structure, coupled with special sealing- material treatment, has helped accomplish the excellent leakage resistance.
- A comprehensive product line-up
- A comprehensive range of ultra-compact batteries is available to meet various needs.
- Electric watches/clocks
- Portable radios
- Electronic clinical thermometers
- Remote controllers
- Portable games
Silver oxide (Ag2O) is used for the active cathode material, and Specially processed fine zinc-alloy powder is used for the active anode material. Potassium hydroxide is used for high drain type silver oxide battery as a electrolyte, and sodium hydroxide is used for low drain type.
Battery discharge reactions are follows
With open circuit voltage of approx. 1.55V, the battery voltage is extremely stable and impedance remains low during discharge.
- 60°C 20-days and 60°C 40-days storage conditions are equivalent to 1 years and 2 years, respectively, at room temperature.
- Excellent long-term reliability
- After storage, decrease in discharge time is minima1.
*For other model's characteristics,please consult our sales representative.