When the Micro Vault does not operate well, please re-format the Micro Vault in Windows.
Procedure to format on Windows (for 8GB/16GB/32GB)
– Plug Micro Vault to the computer.
– Double click on “My Computer” or “Computer” on the desktop.
– Right-click the drive icon of Micro Vault and select “format”.
– Select system file “FAT32”.
– Optional: check “Quick format” as the format.
– Click “Start” button.
(for 64GB or more)
Regarding 64GB or more, you cannot format as the file system FAT32 in Windows.
If formatted as exFAT or NTFS, it is possible that Micro Vault cannot recognize in Windows PC.
If you re-formatting a device that is 64GB or higher, please download the format software from a
“download” button and re-format the Micro Vault.
– Please close My Computer and Explorer before formatting the Micro Vault. The format process may not be successful if other applications are active.
– The reformatting process will erase any data stored on the Micro Vault before starting the process, make backups of any data that you want to keep.
– In order to use the Micro Vault after formatting is complete, please remove the device from the host device and re-insert into host device.
– Sony cannot accept any liability for loss or damage of contents, financial damages, lost profits, claims from third parties, etc., arising from the use of the format software.