* The application doesn´t support Windows 10
< Application Updates >
|2016/7/21||3.03.01||- Improved the operational quality for uninstallation.
- Editorial correction in the help file.
- Windows-compatible application to accelerate reading and writing data from/to the External Hard Drive.
- Support faster data transfer approx. 2 times to the External Hard Drive.
- With just installing the application, high-speed is realized by optimizing and efficient way of transferring data to the External Hard Drive.
- The transfer speed/time may vary, depending on the number/size of files and PC performance.
- The following graphs show the results obtained under specific measurement conditions and there is no guarantee that the same results will be obtained in all
users' operating environments.
Tested under Sony measurement conditions, as of Aug, 2013
Measured the time to copy files* (2MB x 250 files = 500MB) stored on the PC's internal hard drive to the External Hard Drive
*Document, PDF, e-mail, etc.
CPU: Intel Core i7 640M 2.80GHz, RAM: 4.00GB, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Internal Drive: Seagate ST9500325AS(NTFS Format)
<External Hard Drive>
HD-EG5 (NTFS Format)
- Windows-compatible application to protect data on the External Hard Drive with a password.
- Use the 256-bit AES encryption algorithm to protect data with strong security.
- Allow you to use with not only your own PC but also other PCs, such as your friend's, to read and write data on the External Hard Drive by unlocking it. You can also divide to a protected data area and a non-protected data area.
- The External Hard Drive cannot be used with other CE devices such as TV after it's locked by using this application.
- Please do not use this application together with other encryption applications for the External Hard Drive.
- Windows-compatible application to backup data from a PC’s internal hard drive to the External Hard Drive.
- Data on a PC's internal hard drive can be periodically (automatically) backed up to the External Hard Drive. By recognizing/backing up only modified/added data for minimizing necessary capacity, the backup time will be reduced. (Incremental backup method)
This application doesn't support backing up "Favorite" of Microsoft Edge.
< Application Updates >
|2016/6/10||2.00.44||- Changed the application icon.
- Editorial correction.
- Changed the spec for multiple-partition drives
- Windows-compatible application to backup PC's data to the External Hard Drive.
- Data like document, photo, music, video and e-mail can be backed up.
- This application has two backup modes.
1.Hybrid Backup Mode
- When the External Hard Drive is not connected,Backup Manager 2 (BM2) will backup PC's data to cloud storage in real-time
if cloud service is available.The cloud storage is used as a temporary storage.
- If the cloud storage is full, BM2 will notify you.
When the External Hard Drive is re-connected, BM2 moves the temporary backup data to the External Hard Drive.
2.Direct Backup Mode
- PC's data is backed up to the External Hard Drive directly without using any cloud storage.
- Two ways are available.
a) Real-time backup :
If any file in a designated folder for backup is added, overwritten or modified, a file will be backed up to the External Hard
Drive at the same time.
b) Schedule backup:
According to the scheduled time and date, BM2 starts to back up periodically.
- When the External Hard Drive is connected to PC, BM2 will directly back up PC's data to the External Hard Drive.
- To enable "Hybrid Backup" function, you need to have an account with a (3rd-party) cloud storage service in advance.
Examples : Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. (as of June, 2016)
- Please note that 3rd-party cloud storage services may change or end without notice. Sony is not liable for any loss of data.
- Windows-compatible application to format the External Hard Drive to FAT32.
- Format the External Hard Drive from NTFS to FAT32 for using with PS3, etc.
- If a device with its own formatting function, please follow the corresponding instruction to format.
- Reformatting to FAT32 will delete ALL data stored on the External Hard Drive.