Alkaline manganese battery is a amall-sized primary battery, using manganese dioxide(MnO2) as the active cathod material and zinc-alloy powder as the active anode material. Due to its excellent cost performance, alkaline manganese batteries are being used in a brad range of applications from toys, calculators to portable devices.
Sony Group Portal Site: Sony's Technology
"Mercury -free Alkaline Button Battery (Environmental Technology)"
- Excellent cost performance
- Excellent stable discharge characteristics
- Excellent high-drain pulse discharge characteristics
- Excellent leakage resistance
- Electronic games and toys
- Small radios
- Electronic lighters
- Remote controllers
- Electronic clinical thermometers
Manganese dioxide (MnO2) is used for the active cathode material, and specially processed fine zinc-alloy powder is used for the active anode material. Potassium hydroxide is used as a electrolyte.
Battery discharge reactions are follows
With open circuit voltage of approx. 1.50V, the battery voltage is extremely stable and impedance remains low during discharge.
- 60°C 20-days and 60°C 40-days storage conditions are equivalent to 1 years and 2 years, respectively, at room temperature.
- Excellent long-term reliability
- After storage, decrease in discharge time is minima1.
*For other model's characteristics,please consult our sales representative.