SONY grants you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Software under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- This Agreement allows you to (i) download the Software in your personal computer, (ii) install such Software into one or more of your Sony branded security camera(s) by using the software tool which is originally accompanied with such security camera(s), and (iii) use such Software on such security camera(s).
- EXCEPT OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, YOU MAY NOT COPY, TRANSLATE, MODIFY, OR ALTER THE SOFTWARE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- YOU MAY NOT USE THE SOFTWARE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
TERM OF LICENSE
- YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER OR LICENSE THE SOFTWARE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, TO ANY THIRD PARTY.
- YOU MAY NOT REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, OR DISASSEMBLE THE SOFTWARE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
You agree that you do not have any right, title or interest except otherwise expressly granted in this Agreement.
EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES
THE SOFTWARE ARE FURNISHED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. EITHER SONY OR ITS LICENSOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. SONY AND ITS LICENSOR DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NO-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY'S RIGHT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SOFTWARE IS FURNISHED TO YOU FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. EITHER SONY OR ITS LICENSOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO REMEDY FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CLAIM OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, CONCERNING YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ARISING OUT OF TORT OR CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER SONY OR ITS LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE.
SONY may terminate this Agreement and claim damages against you as soon as you fail to comply with this Agreement. In addition, upon termination you will have no recourse against SONY for your inability to use the Software.
Upon termination of this Agreement, you must destroy the Software within two (2) weeks after such termination.
- Some jurisdictions may not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on implied warranties, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you as written. However, in those instances, you agree that the above exclusions and limitations are enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the law of that jurisdiction and the governing law referred to below.
- If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the other parts will remain valid.
- This Agreement will be governed by the laws of Japan.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SONY CONCERNING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT IT SUPERSEDES ANY DEMONSTRATION, ADVERTISEMENT, PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND SONY OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER PARTY RELATING TO THE SOFTWARE.